Please join us in using a deep ethics driven approach to help solve one of the hardest problems in healthcare, the non-optimized use of medications and vaccines. Our goal is to raise and deploy up to $5 billion dollars to help improve health and wellbeing for 200 million+ people, save up to $200 billion per year, and create billions in new market value in this space by 2031
For people who are disatisfied with the current rate of change in this space, the RAPID Alliance at Intrinsica is organizing an innovation community designed to accelerate innovation at scale in order to optimize use of medications and vaccines in the US and beyond.
The platform works by bringing together key stakeholders from across the ecosystem, in both public and private sectors, to solve problems no one party can solve alone. What makes it unique is how it combines 7 key elements: deep ethics, cutting edge science, advanced technologies, a collaborative funding model, collaborative policy development, community-based multi-stakeholder governance, and a shared commitment to improving health and wellbeing for all people.
In this event, we will be kicking off this platform, welcoming key partners, reviewing the strategic plan, and hearing innovation project proposals from a number of presenters. Innovation projects we support can be public sector, private sector or and hybrid (e.g. platform utilities of value to both sides).
The discussion will include plans to generate funding of $25M in 2022, growing to several hundred million per year by 2031, to accelerate innovation in this space.
Benefits of Attending this Event
As a participant, you will:
Hear How the RAPID Alliance and Intrinsica Got Started and the Science Behind this Opportunity
Judah Thornewill, PhD
Chief Science Officer
Learn about the History and Future of the Space from RAPID Alliance Emeritus Brigade Members - some of the most distinguished academic leaders in the field
Gain Insights about Emerging Trends from Nationally Recognized Leaders
Lucinda Maine, PhD
Executive Vice President and Chief Executive Officer (Retiring)
American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy
Lee Vermeulen, M.S., FCCP, FFIP
Executive Vice President and Chief Executive Officer (Incoming)
American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy
Ben Bluml, RPh
Senior Vice President for Research and Innovation
American Pharmacists Association
Donney John, PharmD
Learn about plans to generate up to $5 billion in new funding to support innovation from now through 2031
Includes plans to deploy collaborative funding from organizational partners, foundations and philanthropy, government, private-equity and blockchain (Web3) platforms.
Tom Walton, MDiv, MS
Chief Executive Officer
Hear Transformational Innovation Pitches for High Priority Areas from Our First Group of Researchers and Innovators
Connect with Leading Researchers in the Space from our National Network of Participating Universities
Gain Opportunities to Fund or Partner in Innovations
You’ll identify opportunities to fund or partner with transformational innovation opportunities, and/or to help accelerate other innovation opportunities usin this methodology.
Objective 1. Convene RAPID Alliance 2.0 All-Stakeholder Community
Objective 2. Bring together transformational innovators, partners and funders to begin the process of accelerating innovation (public and private sector) to optimize use of medications in the US and beyond.
Objective 3. Support implementation of innovations that can make a difference.
Objective 4. Help people and organizations make new connections
Please note. This is our first transformational innovation forum. We are co-creating the best ways to do this. We will appreciate input on how we can improve for the next one. We plan to do more of these at least quarterly .
Tuesday, June 21 2022.
11am-12pm EDT: RAPID Alliance 2.0 Launch Meeting
12:00 - 12:20 EDT: Q&As / Open Discussion
12:20 - 1:00: Deploying Billions to Save Hundreds of Billions: A 21st Century Strategy for Funding Medications Sector Innovation
1:00pm - 4:30pm. Innovation Pitches (every 15 minutes)
4:30 - 6:00pm. Medipreneurs Workshop: co-creating the world's leading health entrepreneurship network
6:00 - 7:00pm EDT. Virtual meet and greet in Wonder Room.
Follow-up Breakout Meetings to Be Scheduled in July and August
Who Should Attend?
Key stakeholders in the US medications and vaccines ecosystem with an interest in rapidly accelerating innovation to solve the $528 billion medications use challenge in the US, are invited and encouraged to attend, or have other colleagues attend, this event. Participation by leading stakeholders from both the public and private sectors, representing all key sectors and professions, is a critical success factor for this effort.
- If you are a public sector funder (foundation, philanthropy, or individual donor), please attend this event to help to identify, fund and support transformational innovations. You'll also have opportunities to join as a Funding Partner or Funding Catalyst.
- If you are an equity investor (private, VC, PE, or Institutional), we are organizing a special for-profit Intrinsica Investor Network and exploring development of new funds to provide advanced access to deal flow, and accelerate investment in promising innovations appropriate for private-sector growth. We expect to help existing organizations with promising innovations reduce risk and grow faster; and help identify and advance new transformational business opportunities. As a non-profit, Intrinsica supports all investment opportunities aligned with its mission.
- If you are a Web3.0 / Blockchain investor or innovator please join us to explore opportunities to co-create new platforms using these technologies.
- If you are a healthcare organization - pharmacist association, pharmacy, physician group, health plan, plan sponsor, health system, aging care, pharma, public health, lab, government agency, research university, or other stakeholder interested in optimizing use of medications, please join us to help identify, develop and implement transformational innovations that can benefit your organization or sector.
- If you are an innovator with an interest in advancing transformational innovations in this space, we want to help you accelerate your effort. In general we seek innovations that can impact at least 1 million people and 1 billion dollars in annual value within 1 decade (the 1:1:1) model.
- If you are a research university we have opportunities for you to receive funding as a catalyst to provide research and services to accelerate innovation in the space.
- If you are an association we have opportunities for you receive funding as a catalyst to accelerate innovation in the space.
- If you are a consulting firm we have opportunities for you receive funding as a catalyst to accelerate innovation and implementation in the space.
- If you are a technology-platform or company (big-data, analytics, AI, collaboration tech, health tech, apps, devices) we want to provide you with ability to connect and collaborate with markets, more rapidly advance innovations, add partners and investors to help focus your efforts, and leverage up existing infrastructures in this space.
- If you are a government leader (federal, state, local) we welcome you as honored guests and subject matter experts. We invite you to learn about our new approaches for public-private collaboration to improve the public good. We also welcome you to share insights about current policies, and opportunities for grants, contracts, or other funding that may be available to help advance this work. Government funding can be provided directly through Intrinsica, or through our network of catalysts at universities, associations, or non-profits.
- If you are a wellbeing advocate, your participation is critical, to ensure that individual/family voices are represented and included in all decisions.
- If you are in any other role in the field, including being a student, and are interested in helping co-create the future of medications and vaccines, you are welcome.
Thank you to our founding sponsor
Thank you to Sanofi for 2021 support that helped make this event possible.